At your first visit to Peter J. Kanazawa, DDS, LLC we will establish a vital foundation for our relationship with you. We make sure to obtain important background information, like your medical history, a list of any medications you are taking, and also give you time to ask questions and get to know your doctor. To understand what to expect for your first visit to our practice, please review this page. You will find all the practical information you need, such as a map and directions to our office, items to bring with you, and examples of some of our treatment options.
All first appointments start in the same way:
- Take and review medical history
- Take blood pressure and review findings
Depending on the nature of your appointment we will:
- Semi-Annual Regular Cleaning and Exam
- Head and neck exam
- TMJ evaluation
- Gum and bone(Periodontal) evaluation
- Thorough cleaning and evaluations for cavities and state of current restorations
- Oral cancer check of the soft and hard tissues and salivary glands
- Take any necessary radiographs (X-Rays)
* Subjected to change if a periodontal disease condition is diagnosed.
- Problem based appointment:
- Collect history of patients' concerns and evaluate
- Take any necessary records needed (including but not limited to X-Rays, impressions, tests, specialist consults.)
- Relief of pain if any and treat as needed
Items to bring to your first appointment:
- Picture ID with birthdate information
- List of any medications you are taking including any vitamins and supplements
- Dental and medical insurance information
- A form of payment may be needed.
* Please alert us to any accommodations that we will need for the appointment.
What To Expect
Being well-informed for your appointment will ensure that the doctor can provide the best possible care for you. Educate yourself on your symptoms by reviewing the content on this website. Also, take some time to review our staff page and familiarize yourself with the doctors. We look forward to your first visit.
Sorry but this option is currently unavailable.
In order to view or print these forms you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. Click here to download it.
"We strive each and every day to provide comprehensive care with integrity and compassion where fulfilling our patients' desires for healthy living is always our goal."
To fulfill this mission, we are committed to:
- Listening to those we are privileged to serve. Earning their trust and respect every single day.
- Providing you with the most current options of treatments that are backed by clinical studies.
- Being aware of how your oral condition may affect your overall health.
- Exceed your expectations.
- Striving for continuous improvement at all levels.